From Limestone to Lucifer . . .
Answers to Questions (CW 349)
12 lectures, Dornach, Feb 17 - May 9, 1923 (CW 349)
The remarkable discussions in this volume took place between Rudolf Steiner and workers at the Goetheanum, Switzerland. The varied subject matter was chosen by his audience at Rudolf Steiner's instigation. Steiner took their questions and usually gave immediate answers. The astonishing nature of these responses—their insight, knowledge and spiritual depth—is testimony to his outstanding ability as a spiritual initiate and profound thinker. Accessible, entertaining and stimulating, the records of these sessions will be a delight to anybody with an open mind.
In this particular collection, Rudolf Steiner deals with topics ranging from limestone to Lucifer! He discusses, among other things, technology; the living earth; natural healing powers; color and sickness; rainbows; whooping cough and pleurisy; seances; sleep and sleeplessness; dreams; reincarnation; life after death; the physical, ether and astral bodies and the “I”; the two Jesus children; Ahriman and Lucifer; the death, resurrection and ascension of Christ; Dante and Copernicus.
This book is a translation from German of Vom Leben des Menschen und der Erde. Über das Wesen des Christentums (GA 349).
C O N T E N T S:
Publisher’s Foreword by Sevak Gulbekian
1. Feb. 17, 1923: Living earth—past and future. Natural healing powers.
2. Feb. 21, 1923: Color theory—red sky at dawn and dusk, blue of sky. Sickness, health, color theory.
3. Mar. 14, 1923: Dante’s worldview and the modern scientific age. Copernicus, Lavoisier.
4. Mar. 17, 1923: Essential human nature—life and death.
5. Mar. 21, 1923: Human life in sleep and death.
6. Apr. 4, 1923: Essential human nature—physical, ether, and astral bodies and the “I.”
7. Apr. 9, 1923: Dream, death, and reincarnation.
8. Apr. 14, 1923: A symptomatic view of the astral body.
9. Apr. 18, 1923: Why don’t we remember earlier lives on earth?
10. Apr. 21, 1923: Sleeping and waking. Life after death. Christ spirit, the two Jesus children.
11. May 7, 1923: The Christ, Ahriman, and Lucifer and their relationship to man.
12. May 9, 1923: The death, resurrection, and ascension of the Christ.