From Sunspots to Strawberries . . .
Answers to Questions (CW 354)
14 lectures, Dornach, Jun 30 - Sept 24, 1924 (CW 354)
The remarkable discussions in this volume took place between Rudolf Steiner and workers at the first Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland. At Rudolf Steiner's instigation, the varied subjects were chosen by his audience. He took their questions and usually gave immediate answers. The astonishing nature of these responses—their insight, knowledge, and spiritual depth—is testimony to Steiner's outstanding ability as a spiritual initiate and profound thinker. Accessible, entertaining and stimulating, the records of these sessions will be a delight to anyone with an open mind.
Here, Steiner discusses Lemuria and Atlantis; vegetarianism; children’s nutrition; manure and soil; hardening of the arteries; the sense of smell; weather and its causes; origin of the human being; Darwinism; earth strata and fossils; Biela’s comet; lightning; volcanoes; and much more.
This volume is a translation from German of Die Schöpfung der Welt und des Menschen. Erdenleben und Sternenwirken (GA 354).
C O N T E N T S:
Publisher’s Foreword by Sevak Gulbekian
1. Creation of the world and humanity. Saturn, Sun, and Moon stages of Earth evolution.
2. Creation of Earth. Origin of the Human being.
3. Anthroposophy and science on earth’s strata and fossils.
4. Origins of the world and humankind. Lemuria and Atlantis.
5. Origin and character of Chinese and Indian cultures.
6. Relationship of foods and human beings. Raw food and vegetarian diets.
7. Nutrition. Children’s nutrition. Hardening of arteries. Manuring.
8. The course of humanity’s cultural evolution.
9. The sense of smell.
10. Planetary influences on animals, plants, and rocks.
11. Weather and its causes.
12. Form and origin of earth and moon. Causes of volcanic activity.
13. The aim of Anthroposophy. Biela’s comet.
14. Where do we come from? Earth life and star wisdom.